Bluetooth connection issue

Mike Ziegler

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I recently upgraded to a Droid Turbo 2, (from an earlier Android, both Motorola), and I can't seem to figure out how to get it to remain in Bluetooth mode when I am in my car. It pairs fine when I start the car and it will usually work for a call or two. But then, for no apparent reason, it will switch to "handset" mode. The devices remain paired but it seems as if the phone wants to randomly switch between handset and Bluetooth. I should mention that the switch always happens between calls, not during call. The device in my car is a Motorola HF850 and has worked perfectly with both of my previous phones.

I called in for tech support and all that they did was get me to unpair and "re"pair the devices. For the record, there are no other Bluetooth devices around when this problem occurs.

I also took the phone into the Verizon store where I did the upgrade and they couldn't help me but rather suggested I buy an insurance package which would gain me additional tech support. I made of point of telling them that I should not need to buy insurance in order to get their phone, (which they promised would integrate seamlessly), to function properly. Needless to say, I left mad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty