Why is hangouts notifying me of my own messages?

A

AC Question

I use hangouts on my phone and PC. I have it integrated w/ GV and have it setup as default SMS app on the phone.

When I am on my PC and I send a message via hangouts, when it syncs to my phone it plays a notification sound. Anyone know how to silence your own messages? It's so annoying! I do not want to turn it off for others though...

thomporter

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
OMG, I figured this out. It wasn't happening in all conversations, and I just noticed that the hangout window for those that does doesn't have the phone icon... Looking further, in the title window at the top the conversation is to 2 people, the person I'm sending, AND ME! LOL... So I see "Mike, Thom" in the title... No idea why the conversation is doing that, but now that I know I can remedy the problem by simply starting a new hangout window to JUST the person I want to talk to. Hope this helps anyone else that might run into this issue!

thomporter

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
No idea...

I know he created a SMS with me, him and one other person once, and the 3 of us used it frequently, so it's possible he did that to me, but IDK...

I had several conversations setup like that though, I've already sent SMS to all of them to remedy the problem, hoping all new messages from them come into the right window though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12