Battery draining when turning off ultra power saving mode.

A

AC Question

Hello! I just bought an s6 edge 2 weeks ago. Everything seems fine, the battery last for 1 day and a few hours if i keep ultra power saving mode or emergency mode enabled during the night. The problem appears when I disable the ultra power saving mode/emergency mode and go to normal mode. The battery drains almost immediately. If i have 7% left, it won't last for another 13 14 minutes. I ve tried to reset the phone after switching to normal mode from UPSM/emergency mode and apparently it changed something because the battery didn't drain that fast in these circumstances. Anybody has the same problem?

Thank you!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest that you backup all data and do a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem. You would have to do this before you get an exchange anyway.

Mircea Matei

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for answers. It's my post. I also think that this happens when the battery is under 20%. Would it matter to something ? And I've read many reviews for s6 edge battery life but i'm still not sure how long the battery of this phone should last. I mean, for example I am charging the phone at 12.00 a.m. and i'm using it for whatshapp, chrome, messenger but for 2-3 hours in total. when i m going to sleep i m activating the ultra power saving mode until 10, 11.00 am next day and until 12.30, 13.00 o'clock i would have to charge it again. Sorry if it's sounds stupid but for such phone i was thinking that the battery should last at least 1.5 days for only few hours of medium usage.
Thanks

Mircea Matei

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello again. i think i ve found the solution. there was an update in playstore from samsung, called: Samsung Push Services. Apparently it was an update to solve some bugs and battery issues for some samsung phones. Hope this solve the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87