Insufficient External Space error when downloading Baldur's Gate

A

AC Question

I tried downloading Baldur's Gate multiple times and even tried factory reseting my phone in attempt to fix the problem. No luck and lost all my progress on all games. I have 25 free gigabites of storage on my SD card so I know for sure that there is enough space. I've tried everything I've seen but nothing has worked. I would love to play this game of my childhood so any ideas are better that none.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device do you have? Is it saying specifically that you have insufficient external​ space, or that you just have insufficient space?

Little_Mac_117

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I have a Galaxy Grand Prime and it's specifically external space. I get a message that says
Not enough external storage
"Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition" can't be
downloaded. Remove apps or content
you no longer need, and try again.
I have 25 GB free on the SD Card and the game is about 2 GB so I don't know what's causing the problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Show us a screenshot of your Settings>Storage menu. I'm curious to see if your Internal Storage is partitioned into a smaller App Storage area and a larger "Internal SD," separate from the physical "External SD." If so, the phone might be trying to install app data to the Internal SD, which might be almost full to begin with.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the screenshots. I wonder if that message is referring to the wrong storage, and it's the internal storage that's insufficient. Perhaps the extra data has to download to Internal Storage first, before it's moved to the SD card. I know it's a hassle, but you could try uninstalling a bunch of apps, then see if you're able to install the game. See if you can free up a little more than 2 GB of internal storage.