I updated my Moto G (3rd gen) to the new Marshmallow (Android 6.0) last night.

However, after I connect my device to my PC via USB, the PC only shows internal storage and SD Card separately; upon clicking either of the two, no folders nor files are visible.

I have followed up the advice from 'PC cant access Moto G files' on this very forum. Although some of the advice offered has enabled me to see the two main folders, the problem remains unresolved.

Any advice?
    02-21-2016 07:42 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! It would be helpful if you registered on this forum so that you could respond within that thread you mentioned, because I can't locate a thread with that title to begin with.

What exactly have you tried so far? Is the phone's screen unlocked when you connect via USB? Is the phone set to MTP (rather than PTP)?
    02-21-2016 10:27 PM
    I have the same problem. Before updating the latest Android v 6.0, I was able to transfer files back and forth between Moto G 3G and pc's via USB. After updating and following all the advice over these threads, including turning on the developer options and setting the USB Configuration to MTP and still nothing. However, I the changed the USB to PTP and the internal and sd card folders and files now show on the PC. The problem now is that it seems the phone keeps switching back to MTP. So for now, I just have to keep going in to developer options and changing the USB (last setting in the network section) to PTP then connect to the PC using the USB cable. Any help on how to lock in the PTP configuration? Many thanks.

PS My brand new Moto G I bought direct from Motorola died after only 3 months. In the meantime while the phone was off getting repaired I bought and used a Kyocera ATT Go Phone. It has no problem connecting via MTP. Though it is running Android v 5.
    03-24-2016 07:25 AM