Hi all,

I took out a couple photos today and although I "saw" the photos/flash was taken when I took the photos, they're not in my gallery.

I now realize that my phone had/has no more memory and this is probably why the photos don't show up in my gallery.

Is there anyway that I get these photos? Are they perhaps in a hidden folder somewhere?

P.S. I'm really not a techy person so I'm hoping the answers are pretty straightforward (not like "you'll have to root this..." buttttt, if that's the case, then do let me know).

Thank you very much.

SPECS:

Model: S3 mini GT-I8190L
    Android version: 4.1.2
    Storage: total space: 4.55GB, available: 410MB
    SD card: total space: 29.71GB, available: 11.99GB
    02-21-2016 07:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! If there wasn't enough room, it should've told you so. Is the Camera app set to save photos to Internal Storage or the SD card by default? Use My Files to look in the appropriate /DCIM/Camera directory to see if the photos are there.
    02-21-2016 10:24 PM
    Hi B Daddy, it didn't show me that message/notification. Also, I checked my phone storage and SD card storage; also checked photos in DCMI-none of the pics that I took yesterday are there.

Any idea what else I can do?

I was reading some posts last night and I saw one where the instruction was to go to "settings>application manager>all>media storage>delete the cache? clear data>force stop, and then turn it off and on>After that just restart and check your gallery."

I'm scared to this. I don't want to end up losing more photos than I have.
    02-22-2016 12:00 PM
    I don't think deleting the cache or data for Media Storage or Gallery will help, because those are just databases, based on the photo files that are present in the phone's storage directories. If you don't see the photo files in /DCIM/Camera, then they're not present.

Open the Camera app, tap Settings, and look for the option to select the default storage location. Is it set to Internal Storage or SD card? If it's SD card, it's possible the card is corrupt or counterfeit. Try a different card.
    02-22-2016 04:03 PM