Also, if the gmail accounts have had their passwords changed, and the device that wants to be wiped has the old passwords, will this prevent the Remote Wipe from working?

Finally, can the battery be removed, and the phone be semi booted with a USB connection to avoid the phone from reaching out to the cellular provider and stopping the wipe command from getting executed

thanks
    02-22-2016 08:55 AM
    If Google's ADM was used to send a wipe command with the old password, it would still activate on a data connection including wifi afaik.
    Did you wipe a device and then find it again. Are you trying to save photos and media before an enforced factory reset?
    That's a bit cryptic.
    02-22-2016 10:13 AM
    Assuming there is wifi connection established, but a active SIM card in the phone exists, but only a cellular connection is established upon booting the phone, but the data plan has been removed from that cell number, is the cellular provider connection enough, on its own, that having sent a Goggle ADM Wipe command, even though the google account password has been updated, and the phone has the old password, will the google account accept the Wipe Command.

The summary is the phone is in a place where it should never have been left and it was turned off. Passwords were changed by me to avoid any access to accounts and information. A wipe kill command was sent but phone is still off. If the phone is turned on I want it wiped so I have left and active SIM card and cell number so that I can get remote kill access if it is turned on.

Does this make sense and will it work?
    sfoLAX likes this.
    02-22-2016 11:33 AM
    Thanks. I will get back to you on this, the little I still remember now.

A sim helps locate the device only afaik, but you have an idea where it is anyhow but don't want it there.

Resetting your Google password doesn't alter that it's on your Google account's devices. I have been through some scenarios on other forums and it would still wipe as it doesn't ask your device for a password. I see now that comes under the good news category for you.

If you think you know who will find it and they will want to access it rather than reset it and use it or sell it, well.... (I'm thinking)... if you don't use a screen lock they can access it if/until they unbeknowingly (you're welcome) connect it to wifi for a couple of minutes.

{ADM can be used to also put a lock on it instead (you can also have a message appear on the screen and a contact dialer icon) though again this needs data and if this command gets through first it should still wipe.}

You mean you cannot add data to the sim account now, if you could that of course helps.

If the phone is started it can often take a minute or 3 before the command activates with the Lock command at least.

I need to catch transport and think some more.
    02-22-2016 01:35 PM