A week or so ago, my LG Optimus F3 running Android 4.1.2 started popping up "Unfornately, Email has stopped" messages randomly. Eventually the Email app stopped working altogether. I downloaded a different email app and used that with the same Email error message popping up randomly. Eventually, other apps would not stay open long enough to be useful.

I decided to do an LG backup and factory reset. When I did the factory reset, the email error keeps popping up, but now I also get an "Unfortunately, Google Account Manager has stopped" error message. It will not let me log into my google account. I cannot restore from my backup file because the phone and the backup file have to be logged into the same google account. I can't add any apps to the phone because I can't log in to a google account.

I tried the reset a few different times, always with the same result. Is there a way to fix this?
    02-22-2016 10:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.
    02-22-2016 11:55 AM
    Safe Mode didn't change anything. It will now occasionally turn itself off and when I try to turn it back on it will give me "Security Error" and shut itself off again. I tried downloading the LG Mobile Support Tool to my computer, but that tells me that my device has the latest software. Is there any way to force it to let me install an upgrade?
    02-27-2016 12:07 PM
    Sorry, but I'm not sure of other ways to install firmware on LG devices, besides rooting it and installing a copy of the stock ROM. I don't have any experience with that, so you'd have to search some place like the forums at xda-developers.com for that information.
    02-28-2016 04:44 PM