How to fix unresponsive Play Store and Gmail apps ?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I’ve run into a very frustrating problem that I can’t resolve although I’ve tried some solutions. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Issue: Play Store and Gmail don’t work. When click on Play Store icon, the screen become all white and nothing happens. As for Gmail app, no income or outcome message can be done. Nothing is updated.

Other consideration: They worked very before the OS update. Beside those two important apps, everything else works perfectly.

Possible cause: the Google account is screwed. Any other causes ?

Tried those solutions, but in vein:
1. Turn off wifi, mobile network. Restart the phone from fresh. Turn on wifi and mobile network.
2. Remove the Google account. In fact, absolutely nothing happens when I click on “Remove Account”.
3. Reset to Factory Settings. Similarly to the above, nothing happens when I click on Reset.
4. Download the app Root Explorer to open the “Hosts” file, but find nothing related to Google to delete.

Possible solutions:
1. Remove the Google Account. Is there any other alternative than “Remove Account” in Settings ?
2. Any way to delete (uninstall) Play Store and Gmail, then re-install thos apps ?
3. What else could I do ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Other note:
- Phone: LG G4
- Android version: 6.0

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad