I woke up this morning to see that my phone had shut itself off (I had it on and charging the night before so my alarm would wake me up). At first, I couldn't even turn it on. The power button was unresponsive. After some coaxing, I finally got it to turn on. The screen flashed on and off a few times when I got to my lock screen, only to be greeted by the message "Android is Upgrading" a moment later. When I finally managed to unlock my phone, several apps I had downloaded months prior to this incident had been removed from my phone (Neko Atsume, Tumblr, and one other game app that I can't remember the name of, and probably others). Not only that, but I'd get messages periodically about how "unfortunately, <app name here> has stopped." My Google Play Store app no longer has access to the actual play store, as it booted me from my account, and even after logging back in, it showed an error (that I cannot state at this time because my phone keeps CRASHING WHEN I TRY TO GET INTO PLAY STORE). So, if anyone has a solution to this, I would be more than happy to learn what it is, because as it stands, my phone is next to unusable.
    02-22-2016 11:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? It's unlikely to be a virus. I would suspect that either the system update process glitched, or something else (like some 3rd party app) is causing instability.
    02-22-2016 11:45 AM
    I use a Samsung Galaxy Lite. I've had it for a few years. Also, the Play Store message says "Error retrieving information from server. [RH-01]"
    02-22-2016 11:55 AM
    First, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11202

If that doesn't help, try booting into Safe Mode, in case a 3rd party app is causing instability: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11125

Regarding the Play Store, does that happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Try going to the App Manager, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

If that doesn't work, try going to Settings>Accounts-Google, select your Google account, and remove it completely from the phone. Then add it back again, and see if that helps.
    02-22-2016 03:50 PM
    Unfortunately, my dad confirmed with tech support. My phone was completely broken. According to him, it could "see" what the phone towers were doing, but it couldn't "speak" to them. Not even a complete wipe solved it. Thank you for trying to help, however. I hope you have a great day, wherever you are <3
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-22-2016 08:32 PM