Can/should I take my SD card to a new phone?

brilang

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm on my first Android, a Samsung Galaxy S5. My 2-year contract is up later this year. My previous smart phones were iPhones.

I have a SD card in my S5, with photos and my offline Spotify collection. Will I be able to move that card to a Galaxy S7? Should I even bother? Will I even be able to access my photos and Spotify music on the new phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can access the photos, but I'm not sure if the Spotify music will be incorporated correctly.

As an aside, make sure you're keeping your photos backed up somewhere besides the SD card. SD cards don't last forever, and can fail without warning. Copy them regularly to your computer hard drive, or use Google Photos Auto Backup to get them into your cloud.

Kaliaila

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if the Samsung Galaxy S7 has an sd card slot. It is the main reason why I had no plans to buy an S6 is that it explicitly did not have an sd card slot. I have yet to see a solid yes or no on if the S7 has one or not. I have no interest in wasting money on devices which intend to force me to use cloud services and waste data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000