Last week Verizon pushed out some kind of software update and my stock Camera app started giving me problems. Many pictures I have taken in the past few days are showing as zero byte files and the video files are either zero byte files or corrupt in some way so I cannot open or play them. And what is even more weird - the photos would appear OK initially, but later on just disappear from the folder.

I downloaded a few alternative Camera apps (such as Open Camera), pointed them to a different folder on my MicroSD or internal drive and both pictures and videos work fine with those apps. So I have a work-around, but it would be nice to restore the stock Camera app because it's faster and easier to use.

I have not been able to find any posts online that describe this issue. I read something about the bad Google+ update so I uninstalled it (did not help) and installed it again (did not help). I restarted the phone which also did not help. I would prefer not to do a factory reset.

Any ideas?
    02-22-2016 11:02 PM
    Have you cleared the cache of your stock camera app? Try that if you haven't.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    02-23-2016 05:29 AM