I installed the Marshmallow update on Saturday (Feb 20) afternoon - have not had a single email come through that I haven't manually synced. Notifications are turned to priority, battery optimization is off for gmail app, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app and turned my phone on and off. Nothing fixed it.
    My understanding of the Doze feature is that it decides what's priority, and while its active it collects the notifications and turns them on when the phone is actively being used and Doze is off. That is the opposite of useful. I want my emails when they arrive in my inbox, not when my phone thinks its best. I know its supposed to "save battery" but its not saving battery if I'm constantly messing with the settings and refreshing my phone. This needs to be fixed, ASAP
    02-23-2016 07:26 AM
    To opt-out your email from Doze do this:
    Settings > Apps > Configuration (gear upper right) > Battery optimization > Select All apps (upper left) > Select your email app > Don't optimize.

There also seems to be a bug in the HTC-supplied email app in the Marshmallow update. A search of the forum should find some info easily enough. You're right, HTC needs to fix it ASAP.

Edit: Apparently you need to update Android System Webview.
    Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    02-23-2016 08:03 AM