I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Dropped it on the floor today. The screen is black and when I try to turn it on the buttons light up sometimes but the screen stays black. What should I do?
    Also tried to connect it to the computer to save the files but the computer didn't recognise it. Is there any hope for recovering them?
    Thank you
    02-23-2016 03:56 PM
    Yes, but it can be a bit tricky. Im guessing your usb storage wasnt enabled because the computer doesnt recognize your phone. First, try checking with another computer, just to see if can detect it.
    If your touch is still working, you could try unlocking the phone and enabling that option, which will be super tricky because you wont be able to see what youre doing.
    If all these fail, you can try ADB: [TOOL] ADB Data Recovery (recover data from … | Development Tools
    02-23-2016 04:43 PM
    Turn off the phone, pull the battery, and leave it out for a few seconds. Put the battery back in, make sure it's seated well, and try restarting the phone.

If the phone fell "screen down", the screen connector may have loosened inside the phone. See if you can "gently" press on the screen in the upper third quadrant (near the top of the phone) to see if the screen lights up again. Don't press too hard.

As far as the computer goes, if you don't have the correct Samsung drivers, the computer won't recognize the phone... and, even if you did have the drivers, you would have to put the phone into MTP or PTP mode to pull photos or data off the phone. Since you can't see anything, you wouldn't be able to switch the phone into these modes, so you're out of luck until you can see the screen.
    02-23-2016 05:22 PM