How do you reload the Android OS on a phone?

A

AC Question

Huawei Y520 keeps rebooting on its own. I want to reload the software to see if that will fix the issue. It uses Kit Kat, any idea how to reload the OS or resolve the issue?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Constant rebooting could be caused by many things. Could be an app, bad battery, OS, hardware, or not enough phone memory. Don't just jump into reflashing the OS. I also hope you know that reflashing the OS will wipe all your data... as will factory resetting the phone.

Is your battery good? Does it restart when the battery is fully charged? Have you tried starting your phone in Safe Mode? Note that since I have no idea what carrier or country you're from, this is a Google search result. Choose the correct link to find how to start your phone in safe mode. Starting the phone in safe mode will only allow pre-installed phone apps to load... no user apps. If the phone works in safe mode, then you'll need to isolate which app could be causing the issue by uninstalling one app at a time. If the phone still doesn't work, you'll have to move on to more things. You will have to register to reply, but I think you can also log in using you Google account and Facebook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty