Hello, I have a note 4 that freezes and resets quite often.

A

AC Question

. When i do a hard or soft reset, the phone turns back on and its not reset. my texts, contacts, emails and everything are still there just like before the reset.

While in the hard menu, the phone doest freeze or reboot on its own, it will stay on for a long time.

if i boot phone as normal it might stay on for a min or two max, then freezes, then reboot. it will do this over and over.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
What is a "hard reset"? Are you talking about a factory reset? If you did a factory reset, all you data should have been wiped.

What you might be experiencing may be caused by an app, bad battery, corrupt OS, or even hardware. Start your phone in Safe Mode and see how it operates. Safe mode will only load system apps and no apps you installed yourself. If the phone works fine, then it's an app you installed causing the problem. You would then need to uninstall one app at a time to isolate the culprit.

If the phone still doesn't work right, and you're willing to factory reset the phone, then back up your data first and then enter recovery and factory reset it.

AndyRoid77

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

By hard reset i mean holding home/volume up/power to access the hard menu. From there I do a factory wipe, but it then completes and reboots back to how it was before.

I tried getting into safe mode by, pressing power button, long holding turn off, but I dont see an option.

Is there a better way to enter safe mode.

I will make a couple videos and post them on YT and attach links later.

Thanks again for your help.

AndyRoid77

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
So the phone would still freeze and reboot in safe mode.

Is there a temp sensor that would make the phone reboot, the phone is by no means hot, but ones its warm it resets much sooner after restart. Maybe i can disable the heat sensor, or increase its threshold?

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Is there a temp sensor that would make the phone reboot, the phone is by no means hot, but ones its warm it resets much sooner after restart. Maybe i can disable the heat sensor, or increase its threshold?
There is nothing adjustable for temp sensing.

Something doesn't sound right though... A factory reset in recovery should wipe the phone to the point where you pulled it out of the box. It should make you go through the setup wizard all over again. I'm not trying to say you're not doing it right because you seem to be pressing the correct buttons. Watch this video and see if what you're seeing is the same thing... be sure your battery is at least 80% or plug the phone into the charger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yDnVIc9AtY

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't bother with the videos. There's something else wrong with the phone if you can't even factory reset it. What I recommend is that you take it to your carrier to see if they can assist. If they can't, you might need to send it to Samsung because it's deeper than the OS. Might be the bootloader (or initial software... something like bios on a PC) that's failing to recover the phone. If you live in the US, you might visit a Bestbuy (even if you didn't buy the phone there) to converse with the Samsung rep. It is possible to flash the bootloader and either your carrier or Bestbuy may be able to do that so you wouldn't have to send it off. If the phone is not older than a year, Samsung or your carrier might even replace it.

Sorry, but I don't think there's anything you can do yourself. When a factory reset can't even run, it's kind of useless to try to troubleshoot on your own. I guess this is like saying... I can't think of anything else to do!

AndyRoid77

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I just read this after making a video thats uploading right now. Unfortunately the phone is just over a year old, I was chatting with samsung today, its no longer under warranty.

Its an american phone (at&t), but im in canada, using rogers. I will take it to them and see what can be done.

I will post the video since I already made it, it shows the reset attempt, it shows it freezing, it also shows an error code that i dont remember seeing before.

sorry wont let me post direct link. please delete the one space to access link.
https:// youtu.be/GErLcXPn_Zs

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Watched the video... doesn't look good! Well, I hope rogers can do something with it. I don't know what else to try. Sorry I couldn't help you much! Please let us know what happens and how/if you get it fixed. I'm sure someone could benefit from your experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084