Android Pay and an Android Wear Smart Watch - Problem?

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I have been able to use Android Pay on my T-Mobile Sumsung Galaxy Note 4 without a problem where Android Pay is accepted for the past month or so, that is until today.

When I put the phone up to the terminal my screen changes to the Android Pay screen and it just says hold your phone to the terminal to pay with Android Pay it beeps a few times then the terminal asks me to type in a credit card number. Fail. I tried it at 2 different stores, the same thing happened. At the second store I tried taking my phone case off, nothing better. I tried choosing credit card then holding it, I tried choosing debit then holding it, still the same. I tried turning off bluetooth to disconnect my watch still the same.

The only thing different that I know of from now and the last time I used it was I got a Android Wear Huawei SmartWatch, where I had none before. I set it up as a trusted device and my phone stays unlocked other than swiping my finger accross the screen when I am near my watch, etc. Could this somehow affect how Android Pay Works?

Posted via the Android Central App

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried using it again today making sure before hand to turn off Bluetooth and making sure my phone was actually locked just until a few seconds before holding my phone to the terminal. It worked! If that is the problem, it is super convenient... Here's hoping to updates in the future...

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys

I have been able to use Android Pay on my T-Mobile Sumsung Galaxy Note 4 without a problem where Android Pay is accepted for the past month or so, that is until today.

When I put the phone up to the terminal my screen changes to the Android Pay screen and it just says hold your phone to the terminal to pay with Android Pay it beeps a few times then the terminal asks me to type in a credit card number. Fail. I tried it at 2 different stores, the same thing happened. At the second store I tried taking my phone case off, nothing better. I tried choosing credit card then holding it, I tried choosing debit then holding it, still the same. I tried turning off bluetooth to disconnect my watch still the same.

The only thing different that I know of from now and the last time I used it was I got a Android Wear Huawei SmartWatch, where I had none before. I set it up as a trusted device and my phone stays unlocked other than swiping my finger accross the screen when I am near my watch, etc. Could this somehow affect how Android Pay Works?

Glad to see you got it figured out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance