hello guys

i just bought HTC M9 3 days ago having andriod version of 5.0.2 and software no is 1.40.401.8 and it keep saying software update available when i download it its finished and then its say

[your phone is running a modified veriosn of its system software.
    for your protection we cannot update your phone please revert
    your phone to the official htc system software to update your phone.
    if you did not modify your system software please contact htc .com]

can anyone tell me whats the problem i am having in my new phone?
    03-01-2016 07:03 AM
    Where did you buy this phone; from a retailer or an independent seller (like someone on eBay)? Try downloading Root Checker and see if the phone has been rooted.
    03-01-2016 08:18 AM
    I agree it sounds like you've bought a device that is or was rooted. The seller should have disclosed this information to you in the description. Meanwhile I'm not sure what root checker is but you can also boot into recovery mode and see what your status is. Power off the device normally, power it back on holding the volume down button until the phone fully boots. If this doesn't boot into recovery, scroll down with the volume button to bootloader, and press the power button. Once it boots into the Bootloader, at the top of the screen you will see the state of the device. It will say unlocked and tampered if the device is currently rooted. If the device was rooted but relocked it will say, Locked and tampered. I don't believe there is a way to get rid of the tampered once it has been rooted and/or unlocked. The device can be returned to basically default OS and relocked but the tampered will always remain. Also having a rooted device without knowing it was rooted can be a bad thing also because all of the safeties that prevent spyware can be removed and invisible apps installed that can steal your personal information. This should not be taken lightly, check ASAP if you have a rooted device, and if you find that it is or was I would immediately change all of your passwords you've entered on the device, from a different device obviously. It's only been 3 days so now is the time!
    03-10-2016 06:47 PM