Which Android Wear watch to should I get if I change my phone from the iPhone?

A

AC Question

Hello everyone. I've used Android phones previously (had a Nexus 5 and an HTC One M8). When Apple launched the iPhone 6 Plus I jumped back to Apple as they finally provided a phone with a big screen. I've been relatively happy with it but I'm being tempted away by the Nexus 6P or the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I also have an Apple Watch. I actually quite like it, mainly for its fitness tacking capabilities and the ability to see key information such as calendar, weather etc at a glance. I know that a lot of Android Wear devices do the same thing, but I've been reading a lot about the fitness tracking functionality on the latest watches and there are some quite mixed reviews.

I like being able to track steps and calories each day. I also like being able to track workouts, including my heart rate. I've found the heart rate sensor on the Apple Watch to be a little bit flakey, so I don't want to get anything worse than that. Are there any watches you would recommend?

Thanks in advance
Russell

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
If you buy the 6P, you get a $50 credit toward a Huawei Watch. I've been eyeing that watch myself, it looks very nice but I'm not quite sure now is the right time to jump in, especially with the announcement of Wear-specific processors recently.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone. I've used Android phones previously (had a Nexus 5 and an HTC One M8). When Apple launched the iPhone 6 Plus I jumped back to Apple as they finally provided a phone with a big screen. I've been relatively happy with it but I'm being tempted away by the Nexus 6P or the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I also have an Apple Watch. I actually quite like it, mainly for its fitness tacking capabilities and the ability to see key information such as calendar, weather etc at a glance. I know that a lot of Android Wear devices do the same thing, but I've been reading a lot about the fitness tracking functionality on the latest watches and there are some quite mixed reviews.

I like being able to track steps and calories each day. I also like being able to track workouts, including my heart rate. I've found the heart rate sensor on the Apple Watch to be a little bit flakey, so I don't want to get anything worse than that. Are there any watches you would recommend?

Thanks in advance
Russell

Welcome to Android Central!

I would say go with the Gear S2, it looks JUST like a regular watch and will work with pretty much any Android phone you buy.