Why can't I make or receive calls on my LG G4?

A

AC Question

I have asked about this before, so apologies, but I have more information now...

I had an LG G3 which developed a fault (I am in the UK). I sent it back to the customer service people at LG who, after months and months of messing me about, sent me a new LG G4 as a replacement. The issue is that this phone can't make or receive calls. The call settings option doesn't connect, and the Voicemail option is greyed out.

I thought it had something to do with my SIM card at first, but after speaking with my carrier they can call me and get a ringing tone, but nothing registers on my phone. The SIM card works in a Huawei phone I have been using.

Is it just something really simple I am missing here? Or will I have to send the replacement phone back to be...replaced?

Thank you!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have asked about this before, so apologies, but I have more information now...

I had an LG G3 which developed a fault (I am in the UK). I sent it back to the customer service people at LG who, after months and months of messing me about, sent me a new LG G4 as a replacement. The issue is that this phone can't make or receive calls. The call settings option doesn't connect, and the Voicemail option is greyed out.

I thought it had something to do with my SIM card at first, but after speaking with my carrier they can call me and get a ringing tone, but nothing registers on my phone. The SIM card works in a Huawei phone I have been using.

Is it just something really simple I am missing here? Or will I have to send the replacement phone back to be...replaced?

Thank you!
Welcome to Android Central!

Are you getting a signal at all on the phone?