Drop it, cracked the screen seemingly insignificantly, however since then the screen has not lit back up and doesn't seem to respond to touch. The buttons however still light up, receives calls and texts, turns on and off, charges, everything else works essentially. I had ins on the phone so I received my new note 4 today. Instead of using the new sim card that came with the phone I put my old sim card in hoping it would carry along with it my personal content i.e contacts, display settings, pictures ect.. Alas, it did not. They tried plugging it into the transfer machine thing they've got at the Verizon Store but it was either unable to connect/communicate with my old note 4 because it was still locked via my personal pattern code lock and unable to actually infiltrate the phones memory, or because certain settings on my phone needed to be adjusted which obviously, we were unable to do. I need to find a way to retrieve the data I have saved on the phone's memory. Is there a way I can manually control my phone using a program on my mac? Or even just unlock it? Because I could plug it into my mac and upload the media onto it then transfer it that way however, I am still unable to do ANYTHING until it is unlocked, Pop-ups alerting me that my phone needs to be unlocked before proceeding immediately hinder any progress made this way. PLEASE HELP, I run my business through my phone, and had hundreds of contacts and an unprecedented amount of pictures and videos that are irreplaceable, it is absolutely critical that I find a way to restore them.
    03-04-2016 10:33 PM
    You might have damaged the backlight. Not sure if it'll work, but try shining a flashlight on the screen to see if you can see anything. We used to do this to laptops back in the day.
    03-04-2016 10:48 PM