Your battery has been infected with 2 viruses. Click to remove. Phone vibrates like crazy :'(

A

AC Question

My colleague was surfing the net with my NEW android in my absence. I do not know what he surfed but when I clicked "back" in the browser ..It took me to a website called "cookmobiapps.xyz" and my mobile just started vibrating continuously with a message "your battery is infected with 2 viruses, hit OK to remove. DO NOT LEAVE WEBPAGE" Everything on the screen froze so I clicked OK, then a screen appeared asking me to download an app from googleplay (which I didnt). My phone works fine now and I have not tried hitting the back button again. Why did this happen? What was that message about? Its a new phone and Im very worried :'(

Denny P2

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
That is a random advertising web page :p Don't worry your phone is fine. The battery can't get a virus because it's hardware. To avoid this kind of pages an Ad Blocker app could help you or just avoid any suspicious web site while you are online. ;)

Mich916

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
I cleared the history and cache, cookies. etc in the internet settings, but when I click "back" in the browser, It still takes me to the same page. Why? and how do I stop that website from appearing? Also, I installed 360 security which detected a malware (which I now removed). Is my phone safe? and how do I stop that site from coming when I click "back"? I used an HTC earlier, not familiar with samsung.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I am not familiar with the 360 security app that you installed. But in my phone I have installed the lookout app and this can scan the entire phone. Also it protect your phone when you install any app, it will scan it to see if the app is infected with a virus.You can also do a phone reboot to see if that make any difference.

Mich916

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
okaaaaaayyy....but plese tell me why all the websites I visited, including this "cookmobiapps.xyz" still show up when I click "back" even after deleting everything from the privacy options settings? :'( This never happened with my HTC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969