HI Guys!

I have lollipop 5.0, no root, 100% stock. -- As you know, you are forced to choose one- only default messing app, like- Gosms pro, or Textra. --Sms apps like: Viber or whatsup do not apply to this rule and I don't want to use those kinds of apps!

Is there anyway to get around this forced to choose one default app in 5.0? I remember when I had jellybean, you did not have this problem and it worked just fine and never asked you to choose a default sms app!

Please let me know a simple way to make this happen (if possible), I'm really new at all this! I am willing to root my phone or whatever it takes to make this work!

I don't understand why google did this, it worked just fine in Jellybean!

Thank you in advance! Rina
    03-05-2016 01:29 PM
    HI Guys!

I have lollipop 5.0, no root, 100% stock. -- As you know, you are forced to choose one- only default messing app, like- Gosms pro, or Textra. --Sms apps like: Viber or whatsup do not apply to this rule and I don't want to use those kinds of apps!

Is there anyway to get around this forced to choose one default app in 5.0? I remember when I had jellybean, you did not have this problem and it worked just fine and never asked you to choose a default sms app!

Please let me know a simple way to make this happen (if possible), I'm really new at all this! I am willing to root my phone or whatever it takes to make this work!

I don't understand why google did this, it worked just fine in Jellybean!

Thank you in advance! Rina
    Welcome to Android Central!

You have to select a default one for it to send it out. You will just have to keep changing it as you use a different one.
    03-05-2016 02:55 PM