I recently bought a brand new Nexus 5 from a business but have been having problems with it from the start. I'm trying to figure out if it was something I did or they sold me a faulty phone.

When I first unpackaged it and set it up, I tried to recover my apps from my old broken Nexus 5 by reinstalling them through my Google account. I tried change to different wifi when installing and in the end, the apps didn't install properly.

I found that many apps would crash when it was turned on (even the factory ones), it would unexpectedly reboot when in use, and would often take 20-30 min to turn back on. This is because it would reboot a few times and optimise apps before it reached the lock screen. I noticed though, that the Google logo on start-up had an unlocked lock symbol beneath it.

I later discovered that this means the bootloader had been unlocked. Does this mean it had been tampered with before I bought it? Is this a common, unrelated occurence? Or did I cause this to happen when I tried to change to a different wifi signal?
    03-05-2016 05:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Unfortunately, it looks like this business is dishonest and sold you a used device.

Brand new Nexus devices are not sold with the bootloader already unlocked.
    03-05-2016 06:05 PM