After last update (marshmellow) on my LG4Glte phone from Verizon, some of my apps quick working. First my Google Play Store stopped, then GMail, the YouTube, & then my games stopped. I tried clearing out the cache & data on all Google apps because that is where the problem started. That did not work. Finally after talking to the Verizon Tech Help, I did a hard reset. After the reset, I had to log in to google using my previously used GMail. Unfortunately, I forgot my gmail password & had to reset it. I did so & logged into my gmail account from my laptop & I got in, no problems. However, when I tried to use the new password on my phone to get thru the SetUp Wizard process, the phone does not recognize the password. I contacted Verizon Tech Help again, after going thru the reset process again & everything else they could think of, he stated it was obviously the phone & to go into a Verizon Store. I get to the store & the Tech Help the manage calls tells me LG has built something into the phone that once I reset my gmail password after a hard reset, I have to wait 72 hours before the phone will allow me to log in to my gmail account to complete the reset. Does anyone know if this is truly the case? If so, is there anyway around it?
    03-05-2016 06:23 PM
    After last update (marshmellow) on my LG4Glte phone from Verizon, some of my apps quick working. First my Google Play Store stopped, then GMail, the YouTube, & then my games stopped. I tried clearing out the cache & data on all Google apps because that is where the problem started. That did not work. Finally after talking to the Verizon Tech Help, I did a hard reset. After the reset, I had to log in to google using my previously used GMail. Unfortunately, I forgot my gmail password & had to reset it. I did so & logged into my gmail account from my laptop & I got in, no problems. However, when I tried to use the new password on my phone to get thru the SetUp Wizard process, the phone does not recognize the password. I contacted Verizon Tech Help again, after going thru the reset process again & everything else they could think of, he stated it was obviously the phone & to go into a Verizon Store. I get to the store & the Tech Help the manage calls tells me LG has built something into the phone that once I reset my gmail password after a hard reset, I have to wait 72 hours before the phone will allow me to log in to my gmail account to complete the reset. Does anyone know if this is truly the case? If so, is there anyway around it?
    Welcome to Android Central!

I have never heard of that before, usually after a hard reset you should be good to go. Especially if you are logging in with the original email that was on the phone. Have you tried skipping the account setup? Just get in to the phone, then go to settings, accounts, add new account, pick Google and then try to log in.
    03-05-2016 07:11 PM