The Note 2's screen is weirdly unresponsive with S Pen

A

AC Question

This is a problem which has persisted for some time now.

Basically the root of the problem is that the S Pen doesn't work and hasn't for quite some time. It happened sorta out of the blue one day, for no apparent reason.

I've tried both using the S pen on another note 2, which worked. And I've tried using another S pen on my note 2, which didn't work.

Some times it has worked, for a short time, until i put about 0.4 inches in between the screen and the S Pen which has made it stop working every time.

Lately I've also realized that if i turn the screen off and then on again as I simultaneously shove the pen onto the screen I can make it work for about 3-4 seconds almost 30% of the time. however, after awhile this stops working as well.
Also, the touchscreen stops working even for my fingers when I've tried using the pen in this manner. Until I turn the screen off and on again.

During both of these "events" the pen has acted naturally, without any other sensitivity issues.

I've tried the *#0*# diagnostic tool, in which nothing happened, of course.

This has made me realize that the S Pen's hardware is fine as well as the screens hardware, it seems however that it could be something wrong with the note 2's software related to the responsiveness to the pen. Or maybe that it doesn't realize that the pen is out of range, and it get's stuck on the last known position of the pen.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Preferably without resetting it to factory settings.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
.4 inches is almost half an inch. Not sure exactly what you're trying to do at this distance or what you expect to happen. You might explain this a little more.

Try starting the phone if Safe Mode to see if it's some app causing you a problem. This is a Google results page, as you didn't specify what carrier you're on.

That guy above me

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
.4 inches is almost half an inch. Not sure exactly what you're trying to do at this distance or what you expect to happen. You might explain this a little more.

Try starting the phone if Safe Mode to see if it's some app causing you a problem. This is a Google results page, as you didn't specify what carrier you're on.

Not really trying to accomplish anything with the .4 inches thing, really just things like resting my hand or accidentally lifting it up to high. As I said, it stops working completely when I do that, i.e. it doesn't work no matter what the distance is after I've raised the pen about .4 inches from the screen one time.

I tried safe mode and I got the Pen working for a couple seconds, but it gave out after about a minute in the manner described above, it won't work a second time after that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers