Got the marshmallow update yesterday, and immediately, the phone started rapidly connecting and disconnecting to a USB cable when not connected to anything. Restarted the phone and the issue went away and the phone charged fine that evening.

This morning, the phone started doing it again, and now won't charge at all when connected to either the wall plug, or my computer via USB. The phone will occassionally recognize that it is connected to a charger for a split second and then stop. I have tried rebooting in Safe Mode, which didn't help. I have not yet tried a factory reset, but am wondering if anyone has experienced this issue.

Absolutely nothing has happened to the phone and I have been using it normally. Thanks for any help!
    03-06-2016 05:00 PM
    Got the marshmallow update yesterday, and immediately, the phone started rapidly connecting and disconnecting to a USB cable when not connected to anything. Restarted the phone and the issue went away and the phone charged fine that evening.

This morning, the phone started doing it again, and now won't charge at all when connected to either the wall plug, or my computer via USB. The phone will occassionally recognize that it is connected to a charger for a split second and then stop. I have tried rebooting in Safe Mode, which didn't help. I have not yet tried a factory reset, but am wondering if anyone has experienced this issue.

Absolutely nothing has happened to the phone and I have been using it normally. Thanks for any help!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try booting in to recovery mode and wiping the partition cache.

This is for the T-Mobile version but they are all the same method.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23240
    03-06-2016 06:50 PM
    Hi,
    Thank you for the reply. I made an account so that I could easily get back to my correspondence here (I posted the original message as a guest).

Wiping the cache partition didn't help, unfortunately. I have been reading that a lot of people have been having problems with the Marshmallow update on Galaxy Note 5. Charging has continued to be erratic, and I can't connect to a computer via USB at all. I am hoping that something changes so I can back up some app files on my phone before doing a factory reset...but, obviously, that is not likely.

I would be interested to see if anyone else encounters this problem as well.

Thanks!
    03-07-2016 07:26 PM
    I am having the same problem you are. Haven't found much of a solution although I am narrowing down the problem. Seems the root of the problem stems from the Samsung VR application push to the Note 5. I'm thinking it has glitched the base operating software into not recognizing the usb port. I contacted Samsung tech support and their solution was to send the phone back. They did not say anything about other people having the same problem, nor will they cause that is self admission of guilt.
    03-25-2016 05:20 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue with my Turbo 2 after only having it for 2 months. I could've written the thread myself down to the very single letter! It's so frustrating. I contacted Microsoft and the options are to send it back and be without a phone for about a week while they look at it...OR pay $25 for them to send a "comparable" replacement phone and then send them mine once I receive it. I don't like either option, but seriously... What else is my choice? My phone is brand new and they are going to send me a refurbished phone..because of their OS updating issues? That's just not OK...
    03-28-2016 12:49 AM
    I too am having the same issue with my Droid Turbo 2 as are a lot of other people. Very frustrating to say the least.They need to fix this problem and issue another update.
    04-04-2016 12:29 PM