Is my Samsung Note 3 dead for good? Water damage while charging :(

A

AC Question

Hello, sorry for my English.

The past two days I have been very sad, I have an old Samsung note 3 that has almost 3 years of my life memories, pictures, contacts numbers and some important files. I have never activated the clouds and I know that I am very stupid, but now I learned. Sadly I dont know if my phone will ever work, but any suggestion would help, I am willing to pay to recover at least 30% of my files and I do not care for the phone at all, I will buy a new one.

Here is what happened, I left Samsung Note 3 charging (using fast charger that belong to Note 5). My wife accidentally hit a glass of water that splashed near the phone, then we started to hear noises comes from the plug, I immediately pulled it out and wasnt sure what happened! my phone was working just fine during the accident so I left it in the table then return back in 2 hours but I couldnt get it to work, I thought it needed to be charged but nothing happen the phone was dead, then we noticed our note 5 charge is extremely slow to charge, we replaced it to charge the other phone and it works, also when I was trying to charge my note 3 I smelled burned by the port so I stopped. I called a friend he asked me to replace the battery so today I got a new battery but the phone wont turn on at all nor charging.

Please tell me, can my phone be fixed again? I just want my life memories in the phone not the phone itself. if I only could turn it on for 20 minutes I will move all my files and I will be happy again.

Thank you

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The best thing to do is take it to a repair shop to see what can be done. Water damage and burnt smell don't add up to a phone that's going to work, but the repair shop might be able to try something to retrieve your data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair