Possible Water Damage on Galaxy note 4

A

AC Question

The other night when i was washing the dishes and picked up my phone to chek it...a little bit of water ended up running on the phone in the area where the pen is...i wiped it off and didnt think much of it until i went back in the room and pressed the home button to open my phone. The phone lit up and the menu popped up for a few seconds then my phone turned off, i thought my battery died so i put it on the charger and then noticed it wont turn back on , after several minutes of trying to turn it back on ( i know it must have been a mistake) the starter screen popped up but turned back off...after that the phone kept trying to start up but it would turn right back off ...then a few minutes later the android logo showed up and the screen says Downloading do not turn off device ...i remembered the water incident that happened prior so i took the pen out to check if there is any water in the pen hole...and the pen was wet...is this permanent water damage ? Is there anything i can do to fix back my phone? Does anyone know the cost >?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There is a good chance it's permanent damage if it did get wet enough to get any internal parts wet. Attempting to power on a wet device ends 99% of the time in shorting out part of the mother board. Charging it can and will do the same damage, maybe even more.

Now, since your phone didn't seem to get fully in the water and just some excessive run off, take phone apart as much as possible and let it dry for a day or two. You can try rice in a bag if you would like.