why are my apps folders present on both internal and external memories?

A

AC Question

I have a BGH joy A7, Android 4.4 and had all my apps installed in the internal memory. No problem there. Yesterday I bought a 8 gb microsd card, inserted and mounted on the phone.
Suddenly all folders copied into the microsd and as a result I have duplicated folders but some features of apps or old (before the microsd insertation) whatsapp images or voice notes don't exist anymore. When I unmount the microsd the old images and etc appear again but the new ones (those received after I got the microsd) doesn't exist. So I have to mount or unmount the card in order to retrieve old or new files. Some features of Apps as TouchPal keyboard swipe function won't work while the sdcard is Mounted, but will if it's not.

My default storage is still internal memory and I like it that way, since I got the microsd just to storage music and videos.

Any ideas why?

Thx

Maria

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Some apps will use the microSD card by default (if one is present) for certain data directories. This is not the same as moving the app to the SD card. The presence of folders on the SD card doesn't mean that the data from the Internal Storage has been duplicated there. Those folders are often empty, waiting to be used by the app the next time it needs to save data in that particular folder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome