My One M8 decided to install an update (I can only assume) when the battery was very low, and then got stuck in a boot loop for about 2 hours. I eventually managed to get it into Fastboot and tried recovery, which just showed the red triablge with a ! in, and went back to the boot loop. So I tried a factory reset, which seemed to work, but now when I try to run the initial setup, after entering the WiFi password and clicking next, it says Google Play stopped working, and I cant get any further... Is there any way of bypassing the initial setup? Or are there any other tips on how to rectify this?
    It's completely stock, and was up to date as far as I'm aware.
    03-09-2016 03:38 PM
    My One M8 decided to install an update (I can only assume) when the battery was very low, and then got stuck in a boot loop for about 2 hours. I eventually managed to get it into Fastboot and tried recovery, which just showed the red triablge with a ! in, and went back to the boot loop. So I tried a factory reset, which seemed to work, but now when I try to run the initial setup, after entering the WiFi password and clicking next, it says Google Play stopped working, and I cant get any further... Is there any way of bypassing the initial setup? Or are there any other tips on how to rectify this?
    It's completely stock, and was up to date as far as I'm aware.
    Welcome to Android Central!

I would go get the Factory RUU file from HTC and just do a fresh install of the OS. That should fix any bugs in the system and get you a fresh copy directly from HTC>

ROM Downloads for your HTC smartphone - Support | HTC United States
    03-12-2016 06:58 PM