Im using a 64gb sd card and ive moved everything to it, when i unmounted it my internal memory is empty(like it should be), but i dont understand how it keeps taking my internal memory when installed....i just want my space freed up so i can get updates on my device. i thought this was used for that purpose but i guess not..
    03-10-2016 03:40 PM
    I think you need to clarify a few things...

when i unmounted it my internal memory is empty(like it should be)
    How can your internal memory be empty? Internal memory is used for the OS, data and other files. What is empty? Are you looking at a specific folder?

but i dont understand how it keeps taking my internal memory when installed
    How much memory and where? Does the memory it's taking exactly equal the amount of space used on the SD card for your music?

What exactly are you looking at that makes you think it's taking up internal memory?

When you install an SD card, your phone will scan it. It will generate thumbnails, possibly album cover thumbnails, maybe other data files too. It absolutely shouldn't duplicate what's on the SD card and have it become resident on the internal memory. That would defeat the purpose of the SD.
    03-10-2016 06:04 PM
    sorry i typed that last post too quick.
    Yes im looking at my media folders because those seem to add up to what is full in my internal storage.
    I only have 16gb internal storage so currently have 6gbs of memory taken in music and 4gbs of applications but ive deleted almost all the apps and the rest that could be moved to the SD, i did and the others i cant delete because the phone has them built in.

Im looking at my "storage" for my phone because i get errors for insufficient memory after clearing cache,miscellaneous and the other crap it comes out to about 621mb left.

I have moved all the media to the sd card, I removed the SD and deleted what was in the phone and then reinserted it. but when i goto "my files" and check the "music" folder it still shows 6gb on my internal memory but the music is in the SD....

The SD card is a Samsung brand with 64GB of space.

Thx for replying.
    03-10-2016 07:33 PM
    update: i backed up everything to my pc and i formatted the SD and it still shows my storage is full...when there is nothing visible for me to delete now?
    03-10-2016 08:04 PM
    Thanks, I think I'm following a little better now. Install Disk Usage to see where/what's taking up room on your S5. You might have data you didn't know was there.
    03-10-2016 08:24 PM