Hello~

One month ago, I accidentally dropped my S4 (with an Otterbox on it ;- and it wouldn't turn on, so I just left it and got a new, 50 dollar phone. The phone would at first boot constantly but then it would not turn on at all (no vibrating, no response).

Yesterday, I was trying to get my S4 to work, so I:
    1. flicked the power button
    2. took out the battery
    3. pressed the power button repeatedly

I got it to boot in a cycle and after a while, it turned on completely (but turned off again after a minute). Then, it vibrated constantly and I couldn't get it to turn on again.

After that, I tried going to Recovery and Download modes. Recovery wouldn't work, as the Samsung logo would flash before the recovery menu came up. On the other hand, the download menu worked, and so I tried to restart the phone from the download button (there's two options: download and cancel, which restarts your phone). Now, it won't respond at all after I used download mode to restart, despite having turned on and vibrated minutes ago.

Now, (one day later), I tried putting isopropyl alcohol into the power button, yet it doesn't work. It remains unresponsive and won't even boot up. The battery is fully charged. What should I do? I know the phone is not dead, as it turned on completely once and the screen was responsive and working.
    03-13-2016 11:54 AM
    Welcome to the forums. The power button may be damaged, or the connections to it. Do you have any local repair shops that can examine it and give a repair estimate?
    03-13-2016 12:03 PM