Hello there. Lately I've had this weird pop up on my Galaxy Grand Prime. Sometimes it's a pop up on my home screen that tells me how long I've used certain apps and advertises apps from the apps store.

Now today a new thing appears every time I plug in my charger or my screen saver goes on and when I press the button to wake it up this pop up is the first thing to greet me.

I've already downloaded a malware virus app thing but it says I don't have malware. It's frustrating cause I KNOW this isn't normal. It's never happened before.

Help?
    03-14-2016 05:41 AM
    hello Alyss,

I suggest that you scan your device with more anti-virus tool, and if you would like to post the scanning result here, maybe i will be able to help.
    03-14-2016 07:26 AM
    Malware removal probably won't help because this is most likely an installed app. Next time you get it, go check your running apps to see what looks abnormal. If it has any sort of a notification, you can long press the notification to get into the app data and remove it from there. Be aware that most antivirus apps are completely useless of not malware themselves. It is insanely difficult to get a legitimate virus on a mobile device unless you've gone out of your way to disable security protections.

Can you post a screenshot of one of the pop-ups?
    03-14-2016 07:48 AM
    I believe the same thing happened to me recently and I looked it up here on the forums. Seems that the only thing you can do is to reset the phone so hopefully you have a backup.
    03-14-2016 07:49 AM
    I do have a screenshot of it but I'm not sure how to post it. ^^;

I've discovered though that this newer pop-up only really shows when I have my charger plugged in
    03-14-2016 02:19 PM
    I do have a screenshot of it but I'm not sure how to post it. ^^;

I've discovered though that this newer pop-up only really shows when I have my charger plugged in
    If you're using the website to access the forums, there should be a button called "insert image" on the bottom row of the toolbar. You can also hit "go advanced" for more options. If you're in the app there should be a circle with an arrow in it that expands your options for posting, including images, attachments, etc.
    03-14-2016 02:23 PM
    Do you have ES File Manager installed? One of its ads take this form of taking over the charging screen.
    05-20-2016 06:01 AM