Hello,

I'm new to Android Central, so I hope that this would not be a repeat question. But as far as I can see nobody is facing the same problem as me.

I have been using my Samsung S3 LTE for about 2 years now. It is the international edition, i9305. It is running the stock ROM for Android 4.4.2. More recently, I decided to get a Nokia 930 to check out Windows Phone so I kept the Samsung as a spare.

A few days ago, I decided that I had enough of Windows so I wanted to get back to my Samsung. To my horror, it seemed to be completely dead. I could not switch the phone on at all!

I changed the batteries, plugged in the wall charger for 48 hours, tried to boot into Recovery and Safe modes (home + power + volume up/down) but nothing. No response at all. No notification lights, the screen didn't even light up to show the Samsung logo. When I plugged it into a computer, the computer didn't read the phone at all.

Does this mean that my phone is bricked? I didn't even touch the software or flash any ROMs! Could this be a sort of "deep hibernation" mode? All I did was to switch the phone off and leave it on a shelf for 4 months.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
    03-14-2016 05:10 PM
    If the battery became fully discharged, it may be difficult or impossible to get it to accept a charge again.
    * Note that attempting to charge a fully discharged battery can be explosively dangerous.
    03-14-2016 05:38 PM