There does not seem to be a select all function, so that I can clear lots of old emails from my inbox?
    03-15-2016 06:36 AM
    If you tap the circle containing the letter to the left of each message it turns into a circle with a check mark in it, keep tapping the same spot for each message you want to delete then tap the trashcan.
    03-15-2016 07:01 AM
    I can see how I can tap on the letter in say my promotions folder... but if I want to clear out all the old emails but not one at a time how do I do that?
    03-15-2016 01:27 PM
    also.... is there a way (and Blackberry had it) where I can delete emails but not on my server at the same time. so yesterday for example (new to android) I deleted messages on my phone and when I went to my outlook inbox they were gone
    03-15-2016 01:29 PM
    I'm not sure if there's a mass-delete when using the app. You can delete entire "pages" of emails in the Gmail web interface.

As for deleting from the app but not from the server, that really depends on what mail service you're using. If you're on Gmail or your email is set up as IMAP mail, that's pretty much a direct connection and it will sync the deletions. If you're on POP3, you can have it set up to delete the messages locally but keep them on the server, this is a setting within the email server setup in your mail client.
    03-15-2016 03:06 PM