Why can't I find music on any mp3 apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I have an HTC One M7 (Harman Karman addition), and I downloaded an app called mp3 music downloader about three months ago. It worked perfectly fine for the first couple months. I could search and download whatever song I wanted, as long as it was on there of course. I went a few weeks without downloading any music, and now when I get on it and try to search for a song nothing pops up. It just says nothing was found, even when I search for songs I've already downloaded previously that I know are on there. I recently attempted to root my device, but I only half-rooted it since I don't have a pc at the moment. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, or if android has removed downloads from 3rd party music apps. It seems like a lot of people are having this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, if anyone has any apps that may work, please let me know. Thank you all for your time and assistance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! "Free" mp3 downloaders are usually of questionable integrity and legality. I looked at the Terms of Service of one of them, and the way they get around copyright issues is to say that the downloads are for "fact-finding" only, and that you're supposed to delete the files once you're done "fact-finding." Keeping the files on your computer or device would be a copyright violation, and therefore illegal. These services also don't keep the files on their own servers--they essentially troll the web for filesharing sites that have the files, and download from there. This means that there's probably a higher chance of malware as well.

The problem you're facing is that the mp3 downloader app or service you're trying to use may have been shut down due to copyright issues. I strongly suggest avoiding these kinds of apps or sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781