Unable to unlock S5 locked with Android Device Manager

A

AC Question

Here's my problem:
1. I setup the PIN on my Galaxy S5 (I'm pretty sure I know it - I've used the same PIN I had for one year)
2. First time I was asked to unlock the phone it didn't work (I should mention that I've installed Screen Time - a parental monitoring tool on my phone meanwhile)
3. I tried a few times (with the PIN that I thought was right and then with variations). Nothing worked.
4. I decided to lock it with ADM (Android Device Manager). I set a password that had both letters and number, like "Test123"
5. Phone was locked. But I can only enter digits on the "Enter PIN" screen.
6. I tried locking it again with ADM. I'm getting the message on the phone, but the PIN seems to be rejected with "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed."

Any suggestions?
Why can't I enter the letters on the unlock screen??

PS: I'm not getting any option to unlock with my google account.
I do have data plan and wifi enabled.

nmba

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

with my Hol-U19 I have exact the same problem.
I did the same steps you describe below.
With ADM I set a password like test123 (step4)
The phone was locked. No chance to unlock.
I got the same screen (step5) without a chance to type my password.
Trying to change the password with ADM I got the same message (step 6) and no possibility in ADM to unlock the phone.

anyone can help us?

Here's my problem:
1. I setup the PIN on my Galaxy S5 (I'm pretty sure I know it - I've used the same PIN I had for one year)
2. First time I was asked to unlock the phone it didn't work (I should mention that I've installed Screen Time - a parental monitoring tool on my phone meanwhile)
3. I tried a few times (with the PIN that I thought was right and then with variations). Nothing worked.
4. I decided to lock it with ADM (Android Device Manager). I set a password that had both letters and number, like "Test123"
5. Phone was locked. But I can only enter digits on the "Enter PIN" screen.
6. I tried locking it again with ADM. I'm getting the message on the phone, but the PIN seems to be rejected with "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed."

Any suggestions?
Why can't I enter the letters on the unlock screen??

PS: I'm not getting any option to unlock with my google account.
I do have data plan and wifi enabled.

grliegrl

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Did you receive a solution yet? I read past posts addressing the same problem. No solution except to do a factory reset. I am reluctant to do this unless I have exhausted all other efforts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech