Ok, have had phones for years, no more contract, sick of Verizon's high prices.

Went to Wal-Mart Family Mobile.

Wife has a Note 3, put sim card in hers, everything works after I set up the APN, no issues.

Put sim card in my Galaxy S4, set up apn, can send and receive calls, access web, send and receive MMS messages, can receive plain txt, but sending plain txt messages fails. Can message through Google Hangouts, but only to other Google Hangouts id.

I know there is supposed to be a menu to access the number that messages are stored at before sending, but Verizon removed that from the menu on their phones.

So I thought I could try rooting my phone and flashing a new ROM to overwrite the Verizon software and get me the full menu access.

So I have now rooted my phone using Kingroot, have installed Rom Manager to be able to flash ROMS. I have a ROM currently installed, don't know the name, but it is Android 5.0.1, baseband I545VRUGOF1, kernel 3.4.0, build number LRX22C.I545VRUGOF1, hardware version I545.06, security software MDF v1.0 release 4 and VPN v1.4 release 4, KNOX version 2.3, configuration version J12.SAM.SCHI545.0

Still no text, no menu access to change the text server number.

Now, I have been trying to flash other ROMS that might solve my dilemma, but when I try to flash, I keep getting the same error "E:footer is invalid" and something about "E:filename is invalid" and it just reboots back to the same ROM.

Really getting sick of wiping cache and data every time, and setting up phone again, only to fail over and over.

Can anyone help me here? WTF am I doing wrong?
    03-17-2016 02:34 PM