I believe I downloaded some type of virus or malware onto my rca voyager tablet (model rct6773w42b) unknowingly. Now it appears someone is controlling my tablet. Apps randomly open and close. Buttons on my screen are pressed( pictures taken, volume changed, etc) without me touching anything. I tried to install a antivirus program and it blocked me by continually pressing the browser back button or closing the browser. I finally was able to do a factory reset by going through the settings menu; however, after going through the welcome screen the same activity occurred. I read somewhere that I should also try to wipe the cache partition and that to access this option I need to simultaneously hold down the power and volume up or down button to bring up the reboot menu options. I have tried both the power +volume up and power +volume down method and neither works. I held both buttons down until I saw the logo of 2 dogs on the screen then I release both buttons and got nothing. I also tried only releasing the volume button after the logo appeared, still nothing. I tried hold the buttons down 2, 3, 4, and 5 seconds after seeing the logo and again nothing. Is the option to access the reboot menu from off mode not available for my tablet or am I missing something?
    03-17-2016 09:12 PM