Need to get boot loop out of two Android tablets (Sony and Dell)

A

AC Question

So I got a Sony Xperia Tablet SGPT121US and an Android Dell Venue 8, and they all get the same problem: boot loop stuck on logo screen. I have tried to at least factory reset and wipe data on the Sony (which run Android 4.0) through the Recovery mode but to no avail, the same thing keep appearing. For the Dell one, there are some data I wanna recover from it so I am still reluctant to reset it, and also I want to try everything out on the Sony tablet first.

I have read up a few online posts from various place and I want to give them all a try, as long as I can revive them without bringing them to a service store. The thing is, I am not too god in this field of troubleshooting dead tablets. I've heard of methods like flashing or reinstall the OS and such, but I would need assistance for that (I don't even know what files/.iso are compatible to my devices to reinstall Android...)

Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If you didn't have USB debugging enabled before this happened, I am not sure what can be done to save the data you need. I think Sony has a flash tool for PCs, so getting that device up and running again shouldn't be difficult, but like I said, i'm not sure if the data will be safe.

kn1000

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I am the original author of this post. Just wanna let everyone know that I gave the tablets to my friend who knows a lot about mobile devices and Android as a last hope, but even he couldn't do anything... So basically I got a new and cheaper tablet now (an Acer) since expensive ones still fall prey to these looping situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1