All my phone app crashed, can't use my phone

A

AC Question

I tried to restart my phone and still doesn't work.I can't factory reset my phone because I can't access to the setting since all apps crashed.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to use the hard buttons to factory reset your device. If you post what the device is, or Google the device and how to reset, the physical button method should show up. Curious how did you crash all of the apps?

Posted via the Android Central App

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
If you have a removable battery remove and replace it. If not the buttons they're talking about are the equivalent. They cause a clean reboot. Not to confuse with a factory reset.

To respond to replys here you need to create an account. It will make it easier to help you.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If not the buttons they're talking about are the equivalent. They cause a clean reboot. Not to confuse with a factory reset.

The physical buttons will allow the OP to boot into recovery and factory reset the device. The physical buttons can also do the equivalent of a battery pull if the device doesn't have a removable battery. Usually it's hold the vol down button and power on the device to boot into recovery and vol up button and power on for the battery pull. HTC just enacted an install from disk/SD option that calls for some additional steps to get to recovery. I'm not sure how many other manufacturers have changed their options so it's best to Google for the exact steps. Although I'm not sure a battery pull will help of apps are damaged or one is missing from some other procedure.

To the OP, have you disabled anything in your app manager lately? That could be the cause as well for things not working. But if you can't even get the device to properly boot up chances are you can't get to these options, leaving a factory reset as your best bet.

Posted via the Android Central App