Weird browser problem?!

iheartoldskool

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, just joined the forum after trying to sort an issue with my phone. Some great info, but after looking, I can't seem to find the answer, or sort it myself.

I have a Cubot X12 android phone running 5.1. My problem is, I have google chrome/now installed on home screen. I can use google to search fine, but when I click on a search result, the page always opens using the phones default browser. This leaves a blue address bar across the top of the screen, and doesn't disappear as you scroll down like chrome does (I find this very annoying!!). It also means that to go to another page, you can't just type a search category in the search bar, only close that page, then go back to chrome and search again. I have used the default manager app to set chrome as the default browser, but still the same happens. In the phones app manager, the button to disable the stock browser is greyed out, so cannot be selected.

It's a bit weird, as the phone just seemed to start doing this(only a month old) of it's own accord. I have even went as far as resetting the phone, but still this issue remains.

Can anyone help?!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance