Suggestions for Migrating from POP3 to IMAP

A

AC Question

I have a pop3 email account I've been using for 17 years. I have a new IMAP email account. If I sync the pop3 account between my desktop and my Nexus 5 I get an incredible, hundreds, of copies of emails and deleted emails and sent emails on my Nexus 5. If I don't sync, the pop3 emails go to my Nexus but I don't get them on my desktop. I'm notifying people and businesses to switch to my IMAP account. Some have, some haven't.

Any suggestions on making the migration smoother. Right now I'm thinking I'll simply remove the pop3 as an account on my Nexus and let it keep receiving emails on my desktop.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a pop3 email account I've been using for 17 years. I have a new IMAP email account. If I sync the pop3 account between my desktop and my Nexus 5 I get an incredible, hundreds, of copies of emails and deleted emails and sent emails on my Nexus 5. If I don't sync, the pop3 emails go to my Nexus but I don't get them on my desktop. I'm notifying people and businesses to switch to my IMAP account. Some have, some haven't.

Any suggestions on making the migration smoother. Right now I'm thinking I'll simply remove the pop3 as an account on my Nexus and let it keep receiving emails on my desktop.

Welcome to Android Central!

Why not just transition to GMail? That is what I did many years back, it is just way easier since the phone comes with the built in Gmail app already.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol