I have a Samsung Galaxy 5. The model number is SM-G900w8. I am able top access download mode and twrp. When I try to reboot my phone in twrp I get a message saying the there is no os. The reason there is no os on the phone is because I erased it. I am trying to reinstall the os on my phone. Also when I open Odin the phone is not being recognized by odin.

Thanks
    Considering I erased the os on my phone instructions that are somewhat dummy proof would be greatly appreciated
    03-20-2016 01:11 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!

Since you have twrp you can reinstall a ROM and see if that lets you boot. If not, then you need to install the factory image from Odin.
    03-20-2016 01:22 AM
    How do I reinstall a Rom using Twrp? What is a factory image? Rate now when I plug my phone into my computer oden does not recognize the phone. Sorry for the elementary question but I am a bit over my head with this. I do greatly appreciate the help
    03-20-2016 12:18 PM
    I'm in the exact same situation, I've found no help for me on the internet
    03-20-2016 12:24 PM
    So I was able to get a copy of the stock from for my phone. The next step I am working on is getting the ROM onto my phone. I was trying one method where it involved a fast-boot folder where I was suppose to place the ROM itself. After using cmd and imputing the instructions required it did not work. So now I am going to try to put the ROM on a SD card and go from there.
    03-20-2016 01:14 PM
    If you have twrp, just download your rom of choice (zip file) and copy it to the phone or an SD card and install in twrp. Make sure you have a compatible rom for your phone version. Depending on the rom, you might also need the gapps (Google Apps) package too, which you install exactly the same way. Just follow the instructions on the page where you find your rom. I'm guessing you have tried xda forums. Let us know if you get stuck.
    03-20-2016 03:27 PM
    Ok this is the third time writing this. I just realized I can post a link. I have a sd card with a rom on it but my phone is not reconizing it. When I navigate to >Install>Select Storage it shows Micro SD (0)MB.

Also I down load a Rom from "Androidroot.com". I found an exact match for my phone model and service provider. It said it is firmware.Is firmware and Rom the same thing? I was hoping some one could check and see if this looks like the proper thing I need to install.
    03-20-2016 04:42 PM
    Post a full link to the rom that you want so I can see if it's legit. What is your phone model number? Is it a stock Samsung rom that you are looking for, or another custom rom? How big in size was the rom that you downloaded? To be honest, these android-root.com websites leave me stone cold. I always use xda developers. But let's start with getting you on the right track. You didn't unzip the zip file did you?
    03-21-2016 12:28 AM