Occasionally and without touching the phone, my new S6 Powers off and I have to restart the phone. This seems to happen most often when the phone is lying flat on any surface. Sometimes it will happen multiple times over an hour and then won't happen for a full 24 hours. It has also turned off when left on, not plugged in, lying flat overnight - not ideal when I am using it as an alarm or have left it on expecting an important call in the night. Any suggestions on a setting that I may not have set properly when I bought the phone a few weeks ago? Thank-you.
    03-20-2016 12:20 PM
    There is no setting that would sporadically power on/off the phone.

Did you buy the phone brand new? Or used? If it's used, then perhaps that's the reason it got sold in the first place. I would contact the seller. If it's new, I would contact where you bought it from for a replacement.

Try starting your phone in Safe mode to see if the problem persists. Perhaps (unlikely) it's a 3rd party app causing these shutdowns.
    03-20-2016 09:45 PM
    Check the battery charge (tap the grid on the first "battery" page) and see if there's a sharp drop to zero after you restart it. If there is, the battery has a dendrite and has to be replaced. (Surprisingly - at least to those of us who don't manufacture cellphones - is that even though it's a design/manufacturing defect, it's not covered under any warranty.)
    03-21-2016 04:55 PM
    In the UK the EE update to enable wifi calling wrecked many S6 handsets. Many people are experiencing random shutdowns.
    I spoke with a Samsung sales manager in an EE shop who confirmed this as a known fault.
    Despite that, many months have passed and EE have issued no fix and no compensation.
    Samsung can only re-install the approved software version, so we can only hope Marshmallow for EE customers includes a fix.
    Terrible customer service by EE.
    05-30-2016 03:07 AM