Galaxy s5 wont charge

A

AC Question

My phone was near dead and I plugged it into the charger and I soon noticed that it wasn't charging. I tried all combinations of places to plug it in, including my pc. I used multiple power bricks and cables. I used a usb 3.0 plug that came with the phone and normal usb chargers. I kept messing with it and couldn't get it to charge so it died. I kept trying and somehow managed to get it to charge to 12 percent while it was totally off with a regular usb charger. Once I turned the phone on however, it stopped charging. I turned it back off and plugged it into my pc with the same charging cable and there was some haptic feedback and then a grey battery with a white lightning bolt came up and then went away. This bolt comes back along with the small vibration every few seconds and then goes away again. I tried plugging the charger that came with it into the computer while it was on and the phone acted as if it were charging for just a moment (literally a split second), before it stopped charging again. It is still off and plugged into my pc with the flashing battery lightning bolt thing, and not gaining any charge. What should i do?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
There may be dirt in or damage to the USB port connector, among other possibilities. It may be best to take it to a repairer if you can't fix it yourself.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995