For some reason the color on the tap-to-speak box changed to white. Now I can't see anything on it (see attached pic). It used to be this dark grey. Anyone know how I can change the color back?

Tap to Speak Box Turned White?-screenshot_2016-03-22-20-29-52.png
    03-22-2016 07:32 PM
    What device do you have? Have you changed themes lately? Have you tried changing themes, perhaps your theme for an update?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-22-2016 09:57 PM
    I have the Galaxy S3. Changing the themes doesn't fix the issue.
    03-24-2016 05:30 AM
    You're not by chance using high contrast or any accessibility features? Beyond that I'm not finding anything related to this or settings that could affect this. What about keyboards? Could it be caused by a theme there or a new keyboard you recently installed?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-24-2016 06:44 AM
    No high contrast or anything. I am using the Nova Launcher, but no keyboard UIs. I turned off Nova and went back to the stock Samsung launcher and the problem was still there. So I'm not sure what's causing it.
    03-25-2016 03:51 AM
    First try a simply reboot.

Second wipe app cache via app manager.

Third boot into recovery and wipe system cache.
    03-25-2016 03:56 AM
    First try a simply reboot.

Second wipe app cache via app manager.

Third boot into recovery and wipe system cache.
    Tried that. Problem is still there.
    03-25-2016 04:15 AM
    I've tried using the stock launcher, resetting the phone, clearing the cache, making sure everything is updated and it's still there. Anyone got any other ideas?
    03-26-2016 08:02 AM
    my wifes phone tap to talk screen turned white last week and my phone
    turned white today. we have 2 different phones from 2 different manufacturers.
    it might be a google issue what with all their freaking updates all the time.
    please let me know if anyone figures out how to fix it, it is very aggravating
    trying to text.
    03-31-2016 02:55 PM
    i have this exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy 4. The photo at the top is exactly what I have been dealing with. I've contacted straight talk and they want to reset my phone. I've done a hard reset on it and this problem persists. Its obvious that this is not a defect in my phone as it happened about the same time as everyone else had their problem. I tried to contact Google but they make it seemingly impossible to reach a human. The Straight talk rep I talked with today tried but had no answer, just said they would escalate the problem to a superior and to call back tomorrow on a different phone. I've done the hard reset and they claim to have no record of this problem. - So aggravating, I can't use this at night, its like I have a flashlight on my face every time I use the speech to text option. - Other than shooting this phone and going with a different phone, I don't know what to do. If I get a new Android phone and this happens again, I still have no solution what to do then. I posted this problem on Android Forums and others have the same problem http://androidforums.com/threads/spe...white.1012356/ so this is a genuine bug that Android/Google hasn't addressed.
    05-03-2016 10:37 AM
    I did reboot and it changed to white by itself. I did figure out how to get the keyboard gray. It didn't change the tap to speak screen. Still white on white

7/8/16

i have this exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy 4. The photo at the top is exactly what I have been dealing with. I've contacted straight talk and they want to reset my phone. I've done a hard reset on it and this problem persists. Its obvious that this is not a defect in my phone as it happened about the same time as everyone else had their problem. I tried to contact Google but they make it seemingly impossible to reach a human. The Straight talk rep I talked with today tried but had no answer, just said they would escalate the problem to a superior and to call back tomorrow on a different phone. I've done the hard reset and they claim to have no record of this problem. - So aggravating, I can't use this at night, its like I have a flashlight on my face every time I use the speech to text option. - Other than shooting this phone and going with a different phone, I don't know what to do. If I get a new Android phone and this happens again, I still have no solution what to do then. I posted this problem on Android Forums and others have the same problem http://androidforums.com/threads/spe...white.1012356/ so this is a genuine bug that Android/Google hasn't addressed.
    07-09-2016 09:44 PM