Hi there,

I'm looking to get my father a new phone, and he currently has a Nexus 5, with a dodgy screen. Coming up to three years old, and he's had a few issues so we are looking for a new phone. Paid roughly £300 last time around, so if we could get something for around that price, that would be great.

I am looking at the LG G4 at the moment, as it has great spec and price at around £275. I think this would be better than the Nexus 5x, which is similarly priced, purely because of the extra RAM, battery and better camera. I have $315 in the title as I can see phones, as expected, are a lot cheaper over there, so bumped the price up a little!

Is there anything else out there to consider?

Thanks!
    03-23-2016 10:01 AM
    Hard to say, really just have to weigh out his needs. I personally would go 5X, but if he uses the camera a lot and needs something better, the G4 is a great choice. There are a slew of devices you can find within that budget.
    03-23-2016 10:03 AM
    I bought a Moto X Style 32gb from a CEX store (webuy. com). New in box, Grade A for £290. The Moto X Play has a bigger battery, lower spec but might have been better for me, and is comfortably below that and improved with Marshmallow.
    Z3, Z3+ Sony''s, yes G4, Honor 7, Nexus 6 possibly (not 6p), and other mid range devices from One Plus, Alcatel plus I forget the rest.
    Good choice now in that price range.
    03-23-2016 10:24 AM
    Hi, I'm the writer of the question!

I'll have to check my local store to see if they have the Moto!

I just think the screen on the G4 is better, the phone looks better too and oi can get it for the same price.

Thanks!
    03-23-2016 11:02 AM
    Hi, I'm the writer of the question!

I'll have to check my local store to see if they have the Moto!

I just think the screen on the G4 is better, the phone looks better too and oi can get it for the same price.

Thanks!
    Welcome. Yes I'm not fond of the Moto X Style camera, or the Screen after a Note 3 but otherwise it's top notch. Battery isn't wonderful. I was torn between this Moto and a G4 or Note 4 just after Christmas.
    As the big cheese recommended it it also, along with the smaller 5X, get a new G4 if you can.
    03-23-2016 12:13 PM