I cannot open some files in some apps some say 1 folder of 0 some say 1 folder of 0 . some have a ? on them. Can anybody tell me how to open them please? I don't. Know very much about smartphones. I think I have been hacked, and I would like to view them before I delete them. I think that some of them were field as hidden files. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    03-23-2016 10:58 AM
    File managers don't open files, apps open files. If you don't have an app that will open that kind of file, you can't open it.

Hidden files start with . That's it, a single dot. Most file managers will find them anyway.

Copy the files to a PC, then use XVI32 to open them (it just rads the hex data on the file, so the file type doesn't matter). If you recognize the file, you can rename it to the type it's supposed to be, but considering that there are a few hundred different file types, the chances are that you won't. (You probably weren't hacked - most files can't be opened by users, and a lot that can be aren't in human-readable form. Trying to open random files is usually just a huge waste of time.)
    03-23-2016 12:48 PM